<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://slpmommyofapraxia.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
SLP Mommy of Apraxia: Putting words together!

Monday, October 29, 2012

Putting words together!

Today was such a great day!  I have to write it down so I remember things Ashlynn is doing so later on, I appreciate how far she has come.  When I'm with her everyday, I tend to get focused on how much she is behind instead of celebrating the new things she does.  I really need to focus and celebrate all the successes!

Today when she woke up from her nap, she started to say outside (ou-sie), and right before I could tell her no, we weren't going to go outside, she said, "i - da-dee" (is doggie).  She tried to make a sentence using three words!  They may have been out of order and slightly unintelligible to an unfamilar listener, but I knew what she was trying to say!  I clapped and we cheered at her success.  She was so proud of herself she ran around the house labeling all the things she knew how to say just to keep up my enthusiasm :)

She pointed to various things: shoe, share(chair), baby, hair, nail, nose, pupple(puzzle), baba(backpack), etc.  It was so cute!

Later when her daddy got home, she exclaimed, "home!  Daddy home!" 

My heart is leaping for joy today.  Today was a good day.  I can't wait until we can really talk and communicate.  My child is finding her voice! 

4 Comments:

At October 30, 2012 at 6:34 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

Those moments are HUGE! How very exciting! When they told me the first 100 words were the hardest and then it would just come... I didn't believe my therapist. Now I look back and she was so right! It will happen fast for Ashlynn!

I found your blog through another Apraxia mom. Here's my blog: http://aviewintoourlives.blogspot.com/2012/09/almost-doesnt-qualify.html

 
At October 31, 2012 at 11:09 AM , Blogger laura smith said...

Thank you for sharing! I will be sure to check your blog out!

 
At January 6, 2014 at 10:29 AM , Anonymous Kate said...

I love this post. I love that you have a spot on your blog for success!! I want one!! My son Cooper just turned 3 and hasn't been diagnosed with Apraxia yet but I think it is coming. He still has no words. I am so happy I found your blog! Your daughter is adorable and I plan on sitting here and reading every success post. I tend to get caught up in the things Cooper can't do and I need to focus more on what he can do . Thanks!

 
At January 7, 2014 at 7:28 PM , Blogger laura smith said...

Thank you for your comment Kate! Writing has always been therapeutic for me, and so blogging was kinda like a natural progression :) If you start a blog, please keep me posted. I would love to hear his progress.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home