<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://slpmommyofapraxia.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
SLP Mommy of Apraxia: So many things require motor planning, including a computer mouse.

Friday, May 24, 2013

So many things require motor planning, including a computer mouse.

I'm so frustrated today!  To make it worse, I'm frustrated with myself for being frustrated.  I went to put Ashlynn on abcmouse.com, and early learning site for kids as young as two.  Since she's 3.7, I figured this should be great.  Wrong.  Turns out using a mouse requires a high degree of motor planning and coordination.  God.  It sucks.  She can't even do things two year olds can do.  I mean, she can, but it's going to take a high degree of practice.  It's not fair!!  I just want to cry. I mean, forget using the site for educational purposes, we've been stuck on the tutorial just trying to help her get the hang of the mouse. 

It's not that she's not trying either.  She's so excited like she always is, smiling, happy to be learning something new.  It's just where most kids get to actually use the other programs on the site, we are using it to learn how to use a mouse.  This is something two year olds can do! 

Why does everything have to be so hard for her?  Anything she's ever done has required so much more practice.  Everything she's accomplished has not come easy, yet she perseveres with a smile on her face.  I have so much to learn from her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home