<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://slpmommyofapraxia.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
SLP Mommy of Apraxia: "You say it best, when you say nothing at all."

Saturday, September 7, 2013

"You say it best, when you say nothing at all."


Today I took Ashlynn to one of my BFF's bridal shower.  There weren't going to be any other kids there, but Ashlynn is so good around a group.  When I think of people who have charisma, I think of great speakers and people gifted with words.  The Martin Luther King's and the John F Kennedy's of the world.  But Ashlynn makes me realize charismatic people don't need to speak.  There is so much else to them.  Their presence, their unseen light that people can feel and gravitate toward, their inner goodness that shines brighter than words can resonate.  The latter I believe, fits my daughter.

She is talking now in 3-4 word phrases, but in a group she gets shy and I have to prompt her to even utter one word responses.  Somehow though, she manages to light up the room.  Flitting by from person to person, looking at them with her curious, kind eyes; touching them with her baby soft hand.  Yes I'm in a room full of women, but even so, strangers reach out to touch her hair, take joy in her smiles, feel happy in her presence.  They hold her hands, give her hugs, and let her sit on their laps.   I know I'm her mom, but I'm telling you, I can see it and not just because I'm her mom.

She is so special to me, and even though she's not this outwardly verbal person, she somehow demands attention in the room.  Eyes are drawn to her, smiles are cast upon her, and mutual love is relayed from each other.  All this, without her hardly speaking a word.

There's a country song by Allison Krause entitled, "You say it best, when you say nothing at all."  Ashlynn truly personifies this.

Dear Ashlynn,

"The smile on your face lets me know that you need me, there's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me.  The touch of your hand, says you'll catch me whenever you fall.  You say it best, when you say nothing at all."

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At September 20, 2013 at 9:51 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ashlynn is delightful! Words can never replace character. Her soul is luminating. An her hands definitely have a special touch, I will always remember her touching my belly, what a sweetness hat radiated. Love you Ashlynn!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home